Sunday, July 26, 2015

Just home...


Sunrise Awakening - Reflecting Pool at The Vanderbilt Mansion

A terrific three days of shooting in the Hudson Valley Region of New York. I had the opportunity to get access to a number of properties and buildings that are simply outstanding. I'll try to post more images over the next few days.

For the image above, it was taken sunrise in the gardens at Vanderbilt Mansion. I liked the steam rising from the pond at the first sun's rays hit its surface. This was taken with my Sony A7R and the Sony/Zeiss 16-35mm lens. While the ISO was a bit higher then I usually shoot, it was needed to capture the a slighter smaller f/stop for the DOF I was looking for at the time. Also, I took a slightly higher point-of-view to center the reflection of Aphrodite in the dark pond water.  This was post-processed in Lightroom, then finished off in Photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment