Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Estuary in Bellamy Wildlife Preserve




What a silly day. With the winds blowing steady at 20MPH and gusts up to 50MPH, temps hoping to meet 40+ - it was perfect shooting conditions, if one is a masochist...  ;)

Anyway - when I headed out this AM - I wanted to accomplish simply two things...  Shoot/make an image which would show "something from nothing". Second, not drown or something if I stepped onto the reeds covering a mud-hole.

The first target for today - I might have hit.  The second goal? Not so much. Stepped into the muck in one area, one one leg sank up to my thigh. My wife is thrilled when she came home this evening to find my boots drying on the hot radiator - and my pants are so covered in mud, that I'll have to hose them off in the driveway before putting them in the washing machine... ;)

Anyway - I used quite a bit of post processing - as this image has been in Lightroom, Photoshop, On1, back into Lightroom - and I think I finally have a version I like enough to show here...

It was taken - uncharacteristically for me - handheld, as with the wind and all the branches dancing about required a fast shutter-speed (1/1000). BUT - when the branches turned up due to the wind - I liked the effect in the limbs. I hope you do as well...

1 comment: