Friday, December 11, 2015

Morning Fog


Today was a moody, foggy and misty start of the day - and I really loved it. The forest was deafeningly silent as a cold mist hung over the estuary. It was beautiful, quite frankly and the type of December morning one thinks about awaiting its arrival.

I have a number of images I really like from earlier today - and this is actually the first frame I composed and shot. It was taken with my Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark II, and while I always shoot in RAW mode, I played with the JPG version given how flat the light was during the early hours. As well, I used a vintage Olympus/Zuiko 18mm f/3.5 manual lens attached with a Metabones Speedbooster adapter - as I've always appreciated the excellent optics of many of the Olympu-Zuiko lenses. Obviously, you have to slow down and do things manually - but, that's the beauty of this art.

No comments:

Post a Comment