Friday, November 27, 2015

The Road Less Traveled


The Day After Thanksgiving - and it seems everyone is out shopping those "Black Friday Deals". Not me so much. I hate shopping as much as I loath crowds - so it was a wonderful day to pack-up and just walk for several miles through some of the area woods.

The image above is from today - processed from a single Sony A7R image using a technique that a couple of friends and I are exploring. In short, we are selecting a slightly underexposed image, doing our initial calibrations and color tweaks in LR, then out to PS as either a DNG or PSD file (depending on what we are processing to in the image. Then imported back into LR after applying specific layers and calibrations.

We aren't finding these taught in the Arcanum, nor is that an issue, as this small private group of photographers keeps on pushing while others are shopping those Black Friday Deals ;)

I guess I really do like taking the Road Less Traveled..

1 comment: